Reading: Matthew ch 5 v 3 – 12
On this Sunday Crofton Parish said goodbye to Ven Gavin Collins and his family prior to their move to Dorchester-on-Thames where Gavin will become Bishop in the Diocese of Oxford.
Gavin provided some questions to go with the talk:-
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled”. V6.
- How do you understand “righteousness”?
- How do you see God’s righteousness displayed in Jesus?
- How are we “made righteous” or “counted righteous” in him?
- What difference should that make to the way you live your life?
- What difference does that make?
- How “hungry and thirsty” are you for righteousness: in your life? in our society? in the world?
- What can you do to increase that appetite? And how might God be calling you to respond?