Reading: Matthew ch 5 v 3 – 12
Questions for reflection and study:
- In our society who are the “haves” and the “have nots”?
- Is there a Beatitude you particularly relate to? and why? Are there any you don’t relate to? why?
- Which Beatitude would you like to be true of you and why?
There are also questions from Ven Gavin Collins who spoke on Sunday:-
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled”. V6.
- How do you understand “righteousness”?
- How do you see God’s righteousness displayed in Jesus?
- How are we “made righteous” or “counted righteous” in him?
- What difference should that make to the way you live your life?
- What difference does that make?
- How “hungry and thirsty” are you for righteousness: in your life? in our society? in the world?
- What can you do to increase that appetite? And how might God be calling you to respond?